Our staff takes great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene. In response to COVID-19 we have consulted with public health authorities (including the WHO and the CDC) and reviewed our procedures to ensure our cleaning and hygiene protocols are even more rigorous. Here are some ways we are upholding and exceeding the recommended standards:
Opera House Enhanced cleaning protocols
• Increased frequency of cleaning with hospital-grade disinfectants on all high-touch surfaces, guestrooms and shared spaces
• Implementation of enhanced food safety and hygiene protocols for our breakfast area.
• Protective masks for all Hotel Employees
• Protective plexiglass shields for all front desk employees
• Signage placed in all employee areas regarding each employee’s responsibilities while on property including hand cleaning and the use of PPE equipment as per CDC guidelines provided to the AHLA.
• Public spaces and communal areas- cleaning and disinfecting shall be handled multiple times per day with an emphasis on frequent contact with hard non-porous surfaces including, but not limited to, front desk check-in counters, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms, vending machines, ice machines, room keys and locks, stair handrails, dining surfaces and all seating areas
• Guest Rooms- Particular attention paid to high-touch, hard non-porous items including television remote controls, toilet seats and handles, door and furniture handles, water faucet handles, nightstands, telephones, in-room control panels, light switches, temperature control panels, alarm clocks, luggage racks. All Guest rooms will be disinfected using electro-static sprayers immediately following each check out.
• Laundry- Linens, towels and laundry shall be washed in accordance with CDC guidelines. Items to be washed in the warmest permissible water setting. Dirty linen to be bagged in the guest room in and effort to eliminate excess contact while being transported to the laundry area.
• Hotel Guest Elevators- button panels will be disinfected at regular intervals throughout the day.
• Front desk agents shall practice social distancing. There shall be no more than 2 persons at any time behind the front desk, representing one person per work station.
• Each employee is responsible for sanitizing their work station at the beginning and end of their shift with provided sanitizer wipes.
• Physical distancing among all employees shall be practiced in employee dining rooms, uniform control areas, and shared office spaces.
Incident response Protocols
The Opera House Hotel has protocols in place aimed at reducing the chance infection can spread. In the event a guest or employee tests positive for said virus, we will immediately enact our response protocol to ensure the infected has access to medical treatment, exposed areas are thoroughly sanitized and, when possible, notification to those who may have come in close, prolonged contact with the infected individual.
On the horizon
The Opera House Hotel is currently re-imagining the guest check in process to include contactless check-in. Guests will have the ability to check in directly from their smart phone Physical keys will be available through self-serve key encoders.
Your health and safety have always been our top priority and we will continue to do all we can to ensure your stay with us is a memorable, safe and a healthy experience.
Thank you for your support. Enjoy your stay. Please feel free to interact with us directly via text or email during your stay.
Emilio Morales Jr.